UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronix Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
User or You
Any third party that accesses the website and is neither (i) employed by Kakadu Creative Ltd and acting in the course of their employment nor (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Kakadu Creative Ltd and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services.
The website you are currently using – https://kakaducreative.com and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own Terms
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it
For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Kakadu Creative Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that Kakadu Creative Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
We may collect the following data, which includes personal data from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Job Title
- Current place of work
How we collect data
We collect data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you
- Data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
Kakadu Creative Ltd will collect your data in a number of ways, for example:
- When you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means.
- When you elect to receive marketing communications form us (such as signing up for our Newsletter)
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the website, we will collect your data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the website. This information helps us to make improvements to website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- We will collect your data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on this website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of data
Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you
We may use data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via email, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or a soft-in:
- Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask for more details about a particular service). Under “soft opt-in”, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
If you’re not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, for example:
- We store your data on secure servers
- Only members of the Kakadu Creative Ltd team have access to these servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breaches.
If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we do refuse your request, we’ll tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your data – the right to “block” us from using the data or limit the way we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your data), please contact us via: email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
This website may place the following cookies:
Type of Cookie Purpose Analytical/performance cookies They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- You find a list of all the cookies we use in our cookie schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu on your browser.
- It’s recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Kakadu Creative Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a list of cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is a discrepancy, please let us know
- Google Analytics